I've been a bit silent last couple of months. Actually I've been more or less dead asleep, but with a solo show coming up I need to wake up for a little. Read more to find out what's been up!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
- I got pregnant! Baby Olander Berglund is due sometime around beginning of July
- I got to work with apps. I've always wanted to work with games so it was interesting.
- I got my first designer bag (that has a tail! Also a first!) an evening bag by Alberta Ferretti)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-I don't do new years' resolutions, however every new year I feel inspired to start fresh, be more healthy and listen to my body more carefully.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-Yes, cousin and friends
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-All of a sudden I can't remember if my uncle died by the end of 2010 or if it was in 2011, because I remember it still as though it was yesterday. I think it was in 2010, so that means no, thank God last year was a no death year.
5. What countries did you visit?
-I didn't go abroad at all. We moved in the summer during vacation time and decided to rest, enjoy the new place, and play tourists in our own city good for the enviroment
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
-More time to paint and draw. And more energy hahaha
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
.. got no dates, I don't remember things by dates, they are all timeless fuzzy glowing memories to me. Getting a positive pregnancy test, twice, since I couldn't belive the first one haha that was awesome. And that was in October.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-I made up my mind regarding lots of things. For me, that's big. And now I feel very at peace.
9. What was your biggest failure?
-Oh come now. I fail with things every day, I wouldn't be so stupid that I count them and rank them! Almost loosing myself in stress was a bit of fail, but I managed to crawl back to life
sort of. And a lot thanks to my decision to work part time for a company, and part time for me
Instead of 200%.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-I visited the doctor a couple of times because of my stomach, I had a beginning ulzer which needed some attention. Besides that, which set me back for several months, I was doing OK.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-I bought a planner/diary full of Yoshitomo Nara doodles. It makes me happy. Also I found a faux-fur coat, great for winter, in the thriftshop.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-Who didn't? This was not an easy year! My parents went through a great deal, with flying colors; my sweet cousins too and my brothers too, Patrik, Naomi, Nora
I wish I could send sparkling cakes to all of them!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-I'd rather not waste any time mentioning them here it's water under the bridge. And for this year I won't waste my time on people like this.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-Organic food. For sure.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-My pregnancy (duh!)
-My iPad!! READING COMICS FOREVER!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
-Skrillex : Scary monsters and nice sprites
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? a little happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? uhhh
beginning of last year was gooood, I think I'm slightly poorer now
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-More painting and doing comics (Ghostly Melody is waiting for me!!)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Working for another company
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
-I spent it like this
24th of December: with Patrik and his family and extended family in Stockholm
25th of December: with Patrik at my parents place with my younger brother in Söderlänna
26th of December: with Patrik at my older brother's house in Katrineholm (along with the rest of the family)
(I was so tired after this haha)
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
-in love with the same man, again and again ♥ Patrik forever ♥
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
-What not to wear on BBC it's easy and fun and requires zero braincells to watch
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-haha hate is such a strong word! not really, but I've grown to known some people aren't what I thought they would be
25. What was the best book you read?
-I read too little books and too many comics. I devour comics. Best one though is hard to say. "Silver" was really sticking out, about the heartbroken fat girl who becomes a monster beauty.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-I rediscovered electronica and techno, imagine that.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and did not get?
- I don't usually ask for things
and I don't know if there is anything out there that I "need".
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I turned 30, I was dressed in a sloppy lumberjack shirt, had Patrik's parents and my parents and brothers and family over for hot dogs and cake. Very glam haha
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Money; so I could sleep more and work less, same goes for Patrik. We need some time off
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
-Nerdy librarian with Cyndi Lauper dreams
33. What kept you sane?
-Patrik and my "working-part-time-time out"
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Woody Allen. But I have to admit I'm not a person who gets very star struck, but he really caught my attention in 2011. Brilliant awkward man.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
-Food and consumerism. I'm so upset we basically eat poison if we don't make careful and consious decisions on what to eat
and consume as though our lives depended on it.
36. Who did you miss?
-My grandma, so I had to visit her. I'm usually very patient (and a bit of a hermit!), and time flies anyways so all of a sudden your lovely friends or family are all together again! So I seldom REALLY miss anyone, but it's not because I don't like them, my inner watch is very very slow.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
-A lot of lovely people
I'm thinking about the artist LOK and his wife, lovely people and very fun to meet an older, wiser more established artist
and someone who knows what I'm talking about!!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
-It was more a confirmation of something I first heard in 2008, or was it 2009? I was in San Fran, had left after meeting some new lovely artist friends in LA, and I had a bit of a worry
Then the phone rang and the artist Gary Baseman was shouting in my ear; YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE! NEVER FORGET!! And this year, 2011, I started to live as I preach, after hearing it from Gary. I dared to be different, work differently, and take destiny into my own hands. Leaving me happier, more rested, and more sure of what I wanted!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
Its hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow
Sort of from a dark place to a colorful place. And wonderful people.
True Colors by Cyndi Lauper.
I hope you have enjoyed the reading! Now maybe you know why I haven't been very active and writing last couple of months, apparently you get VERY tired when you're pregnant haha so I have been sleeping a lot. But I feel better now, so I hope I will be able to update more often and keep painting and creating comics and doodles
♥ ♥ All my love and happy 2012 ♥ ♥